We ask all clients to agree in writing (or by e-mail) to our Terms of Service before starting work on a case, so that everyone knows exactly where they stand. All estimates at Brother's Wish are free, so please don't be hesitant to ask questions. Feel free to write, phone or e-mail: all the contact details you need are on the Contact Us page.
TERMS OF SERVICE
1. Work will commence only after the client has accepted these Terms of Service.
2. Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service will carry out research as agreed with the client but cannot guarantee success, as this is often dependent on external factors.
3. Genealogical information provided by the client to Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service as part of the basis of research will be taken as accurate. Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service will not be held responsible for research undertaken on the basis of inaccurate or incorrect information provided by the client.
4. The fee for all work carried out by Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service is £27.00 per hour, charged in increments of five minutes, at £2.25 per increment.
5. The client is encouraged to set an initial limit on expenditure, to be revised as research proceeds.
6. Chargeable time includes:
a. time spent engaged in any form of genealogical research, in any location;
b. time spent creating and updating draft and/or finalised family trees, either as working documents or for the client;
c. time spent creating and updating any presentation materials as agreed with the client;
d. time spent in telephone calls involving the client or third parties;
e. time spent in electronic or postal correspondence with the client or third parties;
f. time spent in travel to and from a location.
7. The following expenses will be charged to clients where applicable to the case in question:
a. documents purchased by Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service;
b. printing or photocopying fees incurred by Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service at outside locations;
c. professional fees incurred by Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service;
d. bank fees arising from bank transfers made from non-British banks;
e. private travel by car (at £0.50 per mile).
8. The client may opt to receive informal updates as to their outstanding balance by e-mail, telephone or post, as part of ongoing correspondence, in lieu of formal invoices.
9. Formal invoices must be paid within 28 days from the date on the invoice.
10. Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service reserves the right to take legal action against any client who does not pay an invoice.
Methods of Payment
11. Payment is only accepted in Pounds Sterling.
12. Payment may be made by any of the following methods:
a. cheque (made payable to Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service);
b. postal order (made payable to Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service);
c. bank transfer (bank details available on request);
d. Western Union;
e. PayPal (attracts an additional 4% charge to cover commission).
13. Cash payment is also accepted, although Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service takes no responsibility for the safe transit of cash, which is sent at the client’s own risk.
Brother’s Wish Genealogy Service
28 February 2013